Welcome to Cooper’s Golf Park Driving Range and Practice Facility In Euless, Texas
We will be celebrating having been in business for 22 years and will continue making several improvements this year as we have in the past.
Hi Golfers, here’s the latest from Cooper’s Golf Park.
- New Hours May 1st. 7am – 10 pm Daily.
- Callaway Golf Equipment...try the latest Callaway Golf Clubs and be professionally fitted by one of our Staff Members. Fee for fitting is $50 and can be reimbursed with a purchase of $300 or more of Callaway products.
- New items Include: Big Bertha EPIC and Fusion Drivers and Fairway Woods, XR OS16, XR Steelhead, and Big Bertha irons and Diamana and Recoil Driver Shafts add New Callaway Odyssey Putters and Callaway Big Daddy Chrome Forged Wedges
- Mark your calendar: Free video analysis May 7th Saturdays 9am to 4 pm. Callaway Demo Day May 21st Saturdays 9am to 4 pm Putting, Pitching and Bunker clinic…May 14 th. Saturdays 9am to 4 pm. Closest to the Pin May 28th Saturdays 9am to 4 pm …$5.00 Entry Fee…Enter (AMTAYW)
- How are your present golf clubs working for you? Do they fit you properly regarding? Loft and lie angles, shaft flex and length, grip size, alignment and condition, and are you getting the benefit of the latest technology?
- We Accept Trade-in’s.
Please utilize our new bag stands at each end of our patio, Thank you!
- Click on the Range tab for Hours and rates. Hit all the balls you want, buy an Annual Membership
- Join our Golf Club for $20 from now to the end of 2017 for your Ghin Handicap and in addition to establishing and maintaining your Ghin Handicap, this year you will receive an additional 10% discount on most golf equipment and club repair purchases from Cooper’s Golf Park.
Sequencing You Backswing 4-28-17
By Bob Marlow – PGA Golf Professional
What moves first your hips or your shoulders? It should be your hips and the right hip moves up as the left hip moves down so there is approximately a 10 degree tilt in the hip angle. I focus on the movement in my right hip and as it raises and rotates to the right my left shoulder goes down (no shoulder turn yet) it is all caused by the right hip motion. Next you can rotate the left shoulder down even more (this is rotation around your thoracic spine). You can rotate much more by
making the left shoulders rotate down verses around horizontally. This motion of the left shoulder and the hip motion causes the spine to tilt left during the backswing keeping the head from over moving to the right (it only moves 2 to 3 inches to the right laterally during the backswing). which in turn as you bring the club down (not too fast), causes the body to shift to the left about 5 to 6 inches. This motion forward should be instinctive and is what causes great compression ot the golf ball (Stacking where the left ankle, left hip and left shoulder are all in alignment at impact).
When you are trying the hip motion the hip movement should complete by the time the club head has moved only about 3 feet. The tendency for most golfers is to engage the shoulder rotation too soon which make the club go inside too soon in the take-away, the club head should appear to go straight back for approximately 3 feet.
So, work the hips properly as the club starts straight back, bring the left shoulder down, start down at a reasonable pace, feel the body instinctively move left and feel the compression on the ball. You will love it!
By the way, you better have good posture at address, hips back, weight favoring the balls of the feet for resistance in the legs, head and neck up inline with your spine or you don’t have a prayer of achieving the above.
Putting…What should be the line that you start the ball on visually? It is not the line directly in front of the ball. Because the putter head rises as you pass through the ball the visual line should appear to be about 1 inch to the far side of the target line. This will allow you to correctly visualize the ball going across the green and into the hole verses pulling the ball left of your target.
Pitching… learn to hit the low biting shot like Jordan Spiff. Play the ball back in your stance, feet and legs aligned to the left of the target, do the hip motion as above, let the wrists hinge some with the club face closed and de-lofted, hit the shot with the upper body crisply and watch it go low with bite on it and into or close to the hole.
If you have questions on any of the above feel free to call, email or talk to me.
For more details click here
$5.00 Clinics Saturdays and Sundays
Group Golf Lessons 10 -1 hour
$100 juniors and $200 Adults
Cooper’s Golf Club Competitions
For more details click here
Golf Handicap Service
Discount Punch Cards
Annual Membership Fees
Callaway Golf Club Savings